FOGGY WINDOW REPAIR
Got Foggy Windows? We can restore them to like new again!
Window seal failure is a common problem for aging windows and inevitable in most all residential and commercial buildings with insulated glass. A failed seal around the insulated glass unit allows moisture-laden air to get in between the panes which can lead to window co ndensation and the glass looking foggy, wet, dirty or a white haze. Utilizing cutting-edge restoration technologies, The Glass Guru can help you solve your failed window seal problems at a fraction of the cost of replacement.
Our unique foggy window repair process quickly and permanently eliminates moisture from your failed thermal panes while also restoring the insulating "R-Value" and preventing future damage. Unlike glass or window replacement, our moisture removal service provides fast, effective, on-site window restoration without even removing the glass! Not only will you see and feel the difference, but we back it up with a fully transferable 10 year warranty. As an organization, The Glass Guru has successfully restored over 45,000 windows, saving millions of dollars in replacement costs and tons of glass from going to the landfills.
The Glass Guru Moisture Removal Process:
- Is non-disruptive and efficient. Can be done quickly, so you will not lose valuable time
- Is economical; a fraction of the cost of replacement
- Restores the window's insulation ("R") value, so energy costs are reduced
- Is environmentally responsible. No worries about glass disposal
- Is backed by a fully transferable 10-year warranty
Scheduling your window repair is streamlined since there is no glass to order or install. Most restorations can be done in 20 minutes or less.
Call or contact us today to schedule a free estimate and complimentary whole-home window inspection.
- How much does The Glass Guru restoration process cost vs. replacement?
Our Moisture Removal Process can save an average of 50% compared to the cost of glass replacement depending on several variables.
- Do you reseal the window?
The Glass Guru process involves one of our qualified technicians drilling a small hole in the corners of the window pane. Using a specialized spray tool, the technician sprays cleaning and drying agents between the panes to remove any mild deposits and speed up the evaporation of any fluid that is still present in the window after therest is drained out.
The holes are then covered with our patent-pending Micro-vents which allow the window to completely dry itself out, while preventing any additional moisture, bugs or debris from getting inside. So the window is not resealed, but permanently vented, which keeps the window moisture-free.
- When is the best time have my window(s) serviced?
Once a window has failed, it will never get better on its own. You want to have your windows serviced as early as possible to avoid long term exposure of water on the glass, which causes damage. The earlier the window is treated once it's failed, the higher the probability it can be restored to its original clarity. Severe staining cannot be removed leaving no real option other than replacement.
- How long does the moisture removal process take to get the windows completely dry?
It takes roughly a half-hour for our service technicians to treat a failed window. Once serviced, it is normal to see some moisture for up to twelve weeks while the window dries out. Each day as the window heats up, a small amount of moisture will evaporate and be expelled out the installed Micro-vents, over time, completely drying the window. It often takes less than the full twelve weeks for most windows to dry.
- Do the holes drilled into the window obstruct or affect the viewing area?
The holes are very small (about 1/8 in. or 3mm) in diameter and are usually made in the corners to be discreet and out of the main view-space. Each hole is covered with a transparent Micro-vent that is about half the size of a dime. Once installed, the vents are barely noticeable and in many cases are obscured by blinds or other window coverings.
- How does the moisture removal process affect the insulating quality of a window?
The key to preserving the insulating quality of a dual-pane window is maintaining a dry buffer of air between the panes. When there is moisture inside, the air is saturated and conducts hot and cold. The Glass Guru system recreates the dry airspace and restores the window's insulating qualities back to within normal range.
- Does the moisture removal system also remove stains on the inside of the panes?
The cleaning solution can remove some types of damage if it is mild. Heavier set stains do not come out and we recommend replacement of the window glass. An estimator needs to visually inspect the window to determine the degree to which the window can be restored and whether it would be a good canditate for our restoration process.
- Does the glass have to be taken out during the installation?
No. The service is usually done with the window in place.
- Can you repair patio sliders or French doors?
Patio sliders and French doors are made using tempered (safety) glass which is designed to shatter into small fragments if broken. Unfortunately, we are unable to drill into tempered glass without shattering it, so we recommend that tempered doors or windows that have failed be replaced.
- Do you repair windows in high-rise buildings?
Yes. Windows that are above the 2nd floor of any building are serviced from the inside of the building.
- Should I have all of the windows in my home pre-treated before I see moisture in them?
We recommend having all your windows treated with our preventative process before the failure occurs. Our preventative process is 50% the cost of the restoration (moisture removal) service and carries the same 10 year warranty against moisture. Have all of your sun-exposed windows pre-treated and avoid the higher cost and inconvenience of dealing with them individually as they fail.
- I've heard that windows are filled with gas. Is this important?
Some of the newer windows are being manufactured with their airspace filled with Argon or a similar inert gas. It's true that this gas can make a small difference in the window's ability to insulate. The reality is that, just like how helium leaks from a balloon, the gas wants to find its way out of the window. The key to maintaining insulation is keeping a moisture-free environment between the panes.
Due to normal fluctuations in temperature between day and night, the airspace between your window panes is subject to constant forces of expansion and contraction. This solar pumping is the main contributor to the unavoidable infiltration of outside air into the window's sealed airspace. As the window then cools below the dew point, moisture in the air deposits itself onto the cooler glass surfaces. As this process continues over time, more and more moisture develops between the panes. This moisture can dramatically affect the thermal qualities of the window, and if left untreated, can cause permanent and unsightly damage to the inner glass surface.With The Glass Guru Moisture Removal System, the solar pumping process is reversed. The key to The Glass Guru process is the installation of our patent-pending 'Micro-vents' into your existing windows panes.
As sunlight increases the air temperature inside the window, moisture evaporates and an increase in pressure expels the water vapor out of the window through the installed 'micro-vents'. Over a short time, the window dries completely. The newly restored airspace can then insulate properly and is guaranteed not to fail again.
MOISTURE REMOVAL AND PREVENTION SYSTEM LIMITED WARRANTY
The Glass Guru™ Franchise Systems, Inc. (The Glass Guru™), through each of our independently owned franchises, offers, subject to the conditions and restrictions contained below, a 10-YEAR WARRANTY for both Commercial and Residential Moisture Removal & Prevention applications. The warranty period begins upon completion of The Glass Guru™ restoration service. The warranty is fully transferable as long as the original service receipt is produced for any warranty claims.
All claims under this warranty must be made to The Glass Guru™ local service office within thirty (30) days of discovery of any damage or defect.
Please be aware that dramatic fluctuations of outside or inside temperature or humidity may cause brief periods of minor fogging to re-occur. If this happens, the venting system should allow the window to dry again within a few days.
If the fogging re-appears regularly or remains for more than a week, there may be an issue with the vents, caulking or another problem that needs to be addressed for the system to work properly. In this event, please call our office to arrange for a free re-service.
Although we have over a 98% success rate with our moisture removal system, we do occasionally service windows that for whatever reason will just not dry.
1. If visible condensation, or water droplets, remains between the window panes beyond the normal drying or “healing period” of twelve (12) weeks after The Glass Guru™ Moisture Removal & Prevention System has been applied to your windows: The Glass Guru™ will, at the exclusive option of the independent franchisee either re-service the window up to two times, allowing for an additional "healing" period for each visit; Or, if the independent franchisee is still unable to get the window to dry in the allotted time frame, The Glass Guru™ will offer to apply the full charge for that window towards a comparable replacement window or glass to be ordered and installed by The Glass Guru™. After the previous charges have been applied, the customer will be responsible for paying the difference in cost for the new window or glass. This amount will be specified at the time the window or glass is ordered and will be due upon the completion of the installation. If we are unable to supply or install a replacement window or glass, a cash refund may be offered.
2. In the event that breakage should occur due to a technicians negligence during the restoration process, the quoted service fee is still charged to the customer and payable at the conclusion of the original service. The Glass Guru™ will then supply and install a replacement window or glass of comparable value to the original for no additional fee.
3. In the event a window is serviced and cleaned, but the clarity is not restored to the quoted percentage on the estimate form, the customer will be then given the option to:
A) Leave the venting system in place and receive a refunded discount of half the price paid for that window. The 10 yr. warranty will remain in effect.
B) Have The Glass Guru™ apply the full restoration charge for that window towards a replacement window or glass to be ordered and installed by The Glass Guru™. After the previous charges have been applied, the customer will be responsible for paying the difference in cost for the new window or glass. This amount will be specified at the time the window or glass is ordered and will be due upon the completion of the installation. If we are unable to supply or install a replacement window or glass, a cash refund may be offered.
*Any refunds will be at the sole discretion of The Glass Guru™. All credits and refunds will be pro-rated by the number of years left on the warranty.
**Choice of replacement window shall be sole discretion of The Glass Guru™. When practical, a window comparable to the original window shall be provided. Higher quality or specialty windows or glass may be ordered and installed at the customers request if the customer agrees to pay the difference in cost.
The Glass Guru™ Franchise Systems, Inc. or any The Glass Guru™ Franchisee shall not be liable in any way for damage or defect due to (1) accident, mishandling, or improper use; (2) negligent operation; (3) improper maintenance; (4) fire, flood, earthquake, storm, tornado, acts of nature, or any other cause beyond the control of The Glass Guru™ (5) damage caused by chemicals, salt, acid rain, airborne pollutions or application of corrosive substances; (6) use of the product/service for purposes other than those for which it was designed; (7) unauthorized attachments, repairs or modifications; (8) mineral deposits, etching or pitting of inner window glass prior to service; (9) water seepage due to bad caulking or faulty trim; (10) high pressure spraying or cleaning; (11) warping or flexing of window frame or wall; or (12) any other abuse or misuse by the original purchaser or subsequent user.
All disclaimers and exclusions contained herein apply under all conditions.
LIMITATION ON LIABILITY
This limited warranty sets forth The Glass Guru’s™ maximum liability for its services. The Glass Guru™ shall not be liable for special, indirect, consequential or incidental damages. Your exclusive remedy with respect to any and all losses or damages resulting from any cause whatsoever shall be as specified above. The Glass Guru™ shall in no event be liable for any consequential or incidental damages of any kind, however occasioned, whether by negligence or otherwise.
The Glass Guru™ makes no other warranty or guarantee, either express or implied, including implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for particular purpose to the original purchaser or any subsequent user of the product, except as expressly contained herein. The remedies contained herein shall be sole and exclusive. In the event applicable law precludes exclusion or limitation or implied warranties, the duration of any such warranties shall be no longer than law allows.
Copyright © 01/2007 The Glass Guru™ Franchise Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Read More >
- How much does The Glass Guru restoration process cost vs. replacement?