Door Hinges in Huntersville, NC
A hinge is a mechanical bearing that connects two solid objects, typically allowing only a limited angle of rotation between them. Two objects connected by an ideal hinge rotate relative to each other about a fixed axis of rotation. There are many types of door hinges. The main types include:
- Spring hinge which is a spring-loaded hinge made to provide assistance in the closing or the opening of the hinge leaves. A spring is a component of a hinge, that applies force to secure a hinge closed or keep a hinge opened.
- Barrel hinge which is a sectional barrel secured by a pivot. A barrel is a component of a hinge, that has a hollow cylinder shaped section where the rotational bearing force is applied to the pivot, and may also have a screw shaped section for fastening and/or driving the pivot.
- Pivot hinges which pivot in openings in the floor and the top of the door frame. Also referred to as a double-acting floor hinge. This type is found in ancient dry stone buildings and rarely in old wooden buildings. These are also called haar-hung doors. They are a low cost alternative for use lightweight doors.
- Butt/Mortise hinges Usually in threes or fours, which are inset (mortised) into the door and frame. Most residential hinges found in the U.S. are made of steel, although mortise hinges for exterior doors are often made of brass or stainless steel to prevent corrosion.
- Case hinges are similar to a butt hinge however usually more of a decorative nature most commonly used in suitcases, briefcases and the like.
- Continuous hinges, also known as a piano hinge, runs the entire length of the door, panel, or box. Continuous hinges are manufactured with or without holes. These hinges also come in various thicknesses, pin diameters, and knuckle lengths.
Maintaining well-working hinges is essential for the proper operation of any door. We offer adjustments and repairs for all types of door hinges. When repair is not an option, we provide door hinges that offer the perfect combination of reliability, appearance, and durability. With a wide range of models and features, The Glass Guru can help with door hinges for any application. No one knows door hinges in Huntersville, NC like The Glass Guru.
Contact The Glass Guru today to schedule your Door Hinge estimate!
Services vary by market, Call Us for availability.
8425 Old Statesville Rd #17
Charlotte, NC. 28269
Charlotte, NC. 28269
Quick Contact Form