With the sunny season coming, you may be looking for an effective way to protect your furniture and carpeting from harmful UV rays while enjoying additional benefits such as energy savings and privacy. Solar screens are a smart and energy-efficient solution that can significantly enhance your window performance and elevate your overall living experience. There are many other ways to help your home become more energy efficient, but sometimes starting with your windows can go far.
In this blog post, we will dive into the key features of solar screens, including how they fit your windows and help block UV rays. So, let’s get started!
Solar Screens are Fitted to Your Windows
Solar screens are custom-made window coverings designed to fit perfectly on the exterior of your windows. Unlike traditional screens installed on the interior, solar screens are specifically designed to be installed on the outside of your windows. This positioning allows them to block and filter sunlight before entering your windows, protecting against heat, glare, and harmful UV rays. Solar screens are typically made from durable materials such as PVC-coated polyester or fiberglass designed to withstand harsh weather conditions and resist fading or discoloration over time.
One of the key advantages of solar screens being fitted to your windows is that they provide an additional layer of insulation. Solar screens act as a barrier against solar heat gain, preventing it from penetrating through your windows and into your home. There are also pros and cons, but the pros far outweigh the biggest unfortunate con of window screens: they are not always aesthetically pleasing. This can significantly reduce the amount of heat entering your home, leading to lower energy consumption and reduced cooling costs during hot summer months. In fact, studies have shown that solar screens can block up to 90% of solar heat, making them an effective solution for energy-conscious homeowners.
Solar Screens Help Block UV Rays
One of the main benefits of solar screens is their ability to block harmful UV rays. UV rays are radiation emitted by the sun and can cause a wide range of negative effects on your health and belongings. Prolonged exposure to UV rays can lead to skin cancer, premature aging, and other health issues. Additionally, UV rays can cause fading and damage to your furniture, flooring, artwork, and other valuable belongings.
Solar screens are designed to filter out UV rays, helping to protect you and your belongings from their harmful effects. Window coverings can also help, but with solar screens, you do not have to keep your curtains or blinds closed on beautiful sunny days. Solar screens can block up to 99% of UV rays, providing an additional layer of protection for your home and loved ones. This means that with solar screens installed on your windows, you can enjoy natural sunlight without worrying about the negative impact of UV rays on your health or belongings.
Differences and Additional Benefits of Solar Screens over Traditional Screens
Solar screens offer several advantages over traditional screens, making them a superior choice for many homeowners. Here are some key differences and additional benefits of solar screens:
- Heat and glare reduction: Solar screens are designed to block solar heat gain and reduce glare, providing a more comfortable living environment. On the other hand, traditional screens do not provide the same level of heat and glare reduction as solar screens.
- Privacy: Solar screens provide enhanced privacy by limiting the view from the outside while maintaining visibility from the inside. This lets you enjoy natural light and outdoor views without compromising your privacy. On the other hand, traditional screens do not provide the same level of privacy as solar screens.
- Energy savings: Solar screens can significantly reduce energy consumption by blocking solar heat gain and reducing the need for air conditioning during hot summer months. This can lead to lower energy bills and increased energy savings over time. Traditional screens do not offer the same level of energy savings as solar screens.
- Durability: Solar screens are made from durable materials designed to withstand harsh weather conditions and resist fading or discoloration over time. Traditional screens may not be as durable and may require more frequent replacements.
- Customization: Solar screens are custom-made
- Solar screens are removable and can be stored easily for seasonal use.
Call The Pros
Solar screens are a great option if you’re looking to make your home more energy efficient and save money on your utility bills. You’ll have to call on your neighborhood screen experts you trust to get the best results with the best look.
Getting measurements with an installation estimate is easier than you’d think. Calling the professionals, you trust can turn your energy efficiency dreams into a reality. At The Glass Guru, that’s exactly what we do.